I have officially gotten a new title/new job that I can't quit for probably the next 18 years. This job is certainly not a piece of cake, but it has its rewarding moments. I find the toughest (thus far) was the first 3 month (the probation period), because that's when my 'boss' was the most demanding, plus all the overtime I had to pull. I guess all this was to make sure I am fit for the job.
So as you can see I had plenty of good reason for slacking on my blog, which will probably continue for awhile. Anyway, I will update as much as I can. The first post for the new baby series is Top 10 Things that I rely on most. These worked for me, it may or may not work for you, since each baby is so unique and different.
1. Baby Merlin Magic Sleepsuit - I discovered this by accident on someone else's blog. It's a life saver, she went from waking up 2-3 time to sleeping through the night right away. Despite the thickness, this suit does not overheat. Of course during teething period, my baby still wake once or twice, but this suit definitely helped with all the startle reflex.
2. Baby Shusher - I Google for a shushing machine on a whim, because my lips were getting dry from all the manual shushing, and discovered this simple but wonderful product. It works really well, because she respond to the shushing sound.
3. Medela Manual Breast Pump - this is probably the most used product I purchased thus far, and it works well. According to some mom, it works even better than the electric ones.
4. Fisher Price Kick & Play Piano Gym - because of the piano portion of this play gym, she can be entertained for at least 20+ minute at a time.
5. Comotomo Bottles - I had one of those baby who hated bottles, and I have tried tons of different kind. Comotomo bottle is the only one she tolerate. After a few month of practice, she now drink bottles like a pro.
6. Levana Baby Monitor - I love the VOX feature (the monitor will only light up when the baby make a sound), because baby are not sound sleepers at all, they make tons of noise throughout the night (you can change the sensitivity). Also it doesn't lag compare to the wifi monitor I have.
7. Baby Einstein Take Along Tune - this definitely a life saver in long car ride, my baby respond really well to music and it can often calm her down quickly
8. Ergobaby Carrier - She can always sleep in carrier regardless of how noisy the environment can be.
9. Nursing Pillow - it's not only great for nursing, it's also great for rocking or just holding them to sleep.
10. Skip Hop Diaper Bag - not only does it look stylish, but it's also very functional with multiple compartment and also include a diaper changing pad
There you have it, my favourite top 10 products thus far. Hopefully some of these items will work for you a well :)