1741 Robson St, Vancouver
Spaghetei has been on my radar for awhile, the reason I haven't tried it is because I heard two opposite opinions about this place: one highly recommend it, while the other thought the food was average. R has always been a fan of Yoshoku restaurant, which serves western-influenced Japanese dishes, so finally we decided to check it out for ourselves.
- small, so best to reserve if you have a group larger than 4
- décor: clean and simple
- toasted with moist centre and crunchy crust
- lovely garlic flavour without being over powering, just wish there were more
- meat sauce with chunky minced beef and diced vegetables.
- sauce was sweet and savoury, but heavy on salt. It was a little heavy after a few bites
- very filling for a modest portion
- al dente spaghetti
- great umami seafood flavour laced in a ginger soy sauce
- fresh prawns and tender scallop
- modest portion for a guy, but there is a larger option for anyone hungry. Also a smaller portion available for anyone who just want a light meal.
I thought the meat sauce was not bad, but nothing special. On the other hand, I highly recommend the clamp & scallop dish for its unique flavour. I think R and I will go back, because it seems they still have lots seafood options to try.