Nicli Antica Pizzeria
62 E Cordova St, Vancouver
R and I were racking our brain for a good restaurant to bring our oversea guest to try. It had to be something more special than just ramen (tons in Asia) or simple west coast cuisine. After a short search, we decided on a certified Neapolitan Pizzeria in Gastown due to its convenient location for our guest and raving reviews.
The restaurant décor was modern and slick with a clear view of the stone oven right at the end of the bar area. The place filled up really quickly after it opened. Because most party size was only for 2-4 people, the turn over rate was relatively fast.
- pomodoro, grana padano, fior di latte, basil
- simple and fresh with some home grown basil, but I would have preferred a little more flavour, such as salt (but that's just personal preference)
- pomodoro, grana padano, fior di latte, sliced onions, Italian sausage, fresh basil
- onion added sweetness to compliment the savoury sausage
CAVOLO NERO RICCIO E FUNGHI - $17
- crema, grana padano, marinated fior di latte, tuscan kale, mixed mushroom
- the mushrooms added a meaty flavour, so it's perfect for those who want a flavourful vegetarian pizza.
- basil pesto, fior di latte, grana padano , house smoked bacon, fresh basil, tomatoes
- my favourite of the bunch with fresh pesto, and delicious fatty bacon with crisp edge