Sunway Restaurant 三味食堂
1300 - 4540 No. 3 Road , Richmond
Sunway is a tiny Taiwanese restaurant located in Empire Centre. It's one of many in Richmond, but what make it special is their food. They do home style cooking with more authentic and unique flavors than the typical cookie cutter bubble tea places.
Oolong Milk Tea - $4.95
- strong tea flavor
Wintermelon Real Milk Tea - $3.95
- caramel flavored milk
- I asked for half sweet, which was perfect
- crispy outside with soft chewy center is very unique texture you won't find with other dishes
- lots of veggie with handful of small oysters
- love the sauce: savoury with a hint of sweetness and a touch of spiciness.
- one of best in town with authentic deep fried basil leaf
- crispy skin and juicy chicken using only dark meat
- soup was super hearty with tons of ingredients
- the soup was flavorful with a good spicy kick that certainly stick around as you eat more
- the pork had a great balance of skin, fat and lean portions
- the taste was more sweet, which I think also contribute to the lack of color. Personally I think it need more soy sauce during braising
This is not our first time at Sunway, so we weren't surprised by the level of excution and great flavors. The only thing that changed is the price (+$1 or more). Even with the price increase, I think it's a great little restuarant to visit if you are craving some authentic Taiwanese food.