Empire Seafood Restaurant 帝苑皇宴海鮮酒家
Unit 200, 5951 No.3 Rd, Richmond
Price: Fair +
Picking up someone from the airport has always warrant a visit to Richmond either before or after. Since we were picking up my mom from a early flight, that means dim sum was our only option. We actually tried Empire Seafood previously for a wedding, and did enjoy their banquet style food. So once again we went back to try their dim sum.
I can totally understand why someone would choose this place to host their event. This place is gorgeous with crown moulding through out their high ceiling and crystal chandeliers. Luxurious decor here has definitely put this place in the high end category (with price to match).
- meaty with some fatty chunks
- taste great, but lacked a little salt
- juicy and fresh shrimps encased in thin gelatinous skin
- coarsely grounded pork with springy shrimp
- seems smaller than other place, but taste great
- flaky crust
- mushy taro and duck (couldn't really tell it was duck) that lacked flavor
- came luke warm
- Chinese donut was not really crunchy or airy
- sweet airy bun with lots of juicy pork/chive filling
- crispy bottom. The green onion prevented it from being too burnt.
- one of my all time favorite dessert (see my recipe)
- it was creamy and delicious with the perfect balance of sweetness
- served warm
I find the service here slightly better than other place. They did refill our tea quickly and never made us feel rushed, but it could be because we were there rather early before the place filled up. If you do decide to go, especially with a big group, please do make reservation. By the time we were done, the line up was already quite long (around 10:40am).