Cotto Enoteca Pizzeria
6011 Hastings St
I am always on the look out for good Italian food, so when a deal popped up on Socialshopper for
a Italian restaurant that I've never heard of, I happily purchased it. Of course I checked out the menu before I bought it.
Cotto had really nice decor with very upscale finishing. I loved the all glass windows that let in tons of light. The restaurant was a good size that can certainly accomodate large groups if you reserve in advance. Also they had lots of parking in the adjcent lot.
- there were lots of creative combinations on the menu
- great smoke salmon flavor with the perfect poached egg
- nice crunchy and puffy crust
- the sauce was rather runny, which means if you don't eat it fast, the crust could get soggy. Other wise a great pizza
- fresh clams
- I mistaken the description and thought it was a white wine sauce. FYI pomodoro means tomato
- heavy tomato sauce made it quite acidic and it lacked salt
- fettuccine was al dente though
- soft and chewy gnocchi
- nice roasted mushrooms and speck bacon
- buttery rich cream sauce that once again lacked in salt. I guess this is a good thing, as everyone's palate is different.
Personally I liked their pizza more than their pasta. Their service was good generally, they did come by to check on us despite we were the only ones seated at the patio. Overall, I would recommed this place if you want good pizza, but I would go else where if you are looking for good pasta.