Waffle & Berries
1467 West Pender St., Vancouver
There are just so many tempting online deals, but it's time to cut back on the coupons I purchase. Not only it's actually costing a lot of money, but mainly because I forget to use them or it become a mad dash to use them at the last minute. Anyways, I had to use a SocialShopper voucher for Waffle & Berries ($13 for 2 Belgian waffles with 3 toppings each + 2 drinks) that was about to expire.
This nice restaurant with high ceiling and chic decor is located on Pender street, close to Soirette Macarons & Tea. Just like most downtown restaurants, there are no designated parking, so we just parked on the street.
- R had ice latte, which he would prefer a stronger taste and this rather milky one.
- I had the ice dark chocolate. The flavor was nice, but because they used cold milk with the chocolate, thus resulted in very chunky texture
- I believe mine was liege waffle with chunks of sugar scattered through out.
- the fruit toppings were fresh and sweet
- for some reason R's waffle didn't have any sugar chunks like mine, or maybe there were just too few to detect. It was still good, except his seemed smaller
Despite having tasty waffle and good service, the major downside to this place was no A/C. I am not sure if they didn't install any or simply didn't turn it on. Either way, this maybe a nice place to come back to for desserts in the fall or winter.