Taste of Punjab
10009 Whalley Blvd, Surrey
R had always been a fan of Indian food, and I recently started to like it as well. Since Taste of Punjab was right in our neighborhood, it was natural for us to go and try it out, besides I had enough pho and TW bubble tea to last me awhile.
The restaurant was very spacious with nice decor. However the tone was rather dark, and the air was a bit chilly (bring a sweater).
- best I've ever had
- Soft and airy on the inside with a nice crunch on the outside
- buttery tasting without being oily
- the mea was really dry
- nice smokey flavor though
- tender chicken with tasty soft vegetables
- spicy chili sauce have a good kick to it, and was perfect over rice
- portion was not very big for the price
- dry, so it's perfect for soaking up sauce
- yellow in color, but I couldn't detect any special taste (such as saffron).
Given the amount of people in the restaurant, I would say this is a local favourite for Indian food. Since I am not Indian and can't comment on the authenticity, all I can say is that both food and service were good. If you are craving Indian food, this place is worth checing out.