* lots of branches in Taiwan, the one I went to is closed for renovation at the moment
I really like teppanyaki, because the food is prepare fresh right in front of your eyes, so you know where is has been from grill to plate, plus sometime you get a good show. Therefore teppanyaki was definitely once again on our list for recent trip to Taiwan.
- although it tasted more like sparkling juice.
- mango puree encased in a edible bubble, that give you an intense flavour when popped
- the raw onion was too overpowering over the smoked salmon lox
- unique serving style
- all of them are delicious and delicate
- fresh and sweet fruit with cranberry dressing
- teppan grilled mushroom that was flavourful and juicy
- fresh salmon layered amongst tender papaya, it was quite good
- unlimited refill of lemon slush
- my pork was grilled 3 ways: green onion stem and teriyaki sauce, steamed with scallion green onion and paired with apple. They were all nicely done
- R's duck was even better, grilled crispy skin and then simmered in red wine sauce
- so perfectly balanced and juicy
- all I can say, each main had excellent execution and taste.
- not a fan of dried shrimp, but the rice was perfect. Separated but not dry
- dessert was the least impressive part of the meal, comparing with the entries
- my cranberry sauce ice cream was very unique, they poured hot cranberry sauce on a white chocolate cover, as both item dripped to the bottom, it solidify immediately as a hard shell on the vanilla ice cream with nuts.
Service here was the best I've had, although some people may feel a little uncomfortable, as they always around to make sure you have everything you need. For example, R order the bonsai milk tea and decided to take out the ice, as he was simply to full to drink it all, so he didn't want it watered down as we sat and chatted. Two separate waitress noticed and came over to apologize and said they will make a new one without ice. We politely declined, as there was no way we could have drank more than that.
If you like teppanyaki, this place can't be missed. The value here is superb comparing to the teppanyaki I went to during my last trip. The whole meal was only NT$980, that is less than $35CAD. If you find yourself in Taipei and want to indulge in something delicious and natural, then definitely look this place up.