Jet Side Bar (Fairmont at YVR)
3111 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond
I've visited at least a dozen airports, but my favorite is still YVR. I love it's spaciousness, the bright interior and its relaxing decor. Not only is it beautiful, but fully functional as the Fairmont Hotel is literally attached to the airport, perfect for those who are catching a next day flight. Even if you are not staying overnight, you can still utilize it, as they do offer several restaurants and lounge.
- A good selection with visual presentation.
- aromatic and sweet, perfect with a touch of honey
- bitter when it has been steeped for too long, other wise not bad
- Berry soup, refreshing minty and slight sweet.
- Great way to start the meal
- smoke salmon was average
- apple, basil & cheddar, the apple and cheddar was a nice combination, the basil was too strong
- curry chicken, chicken was very mushy, but it had nice strong curry flavour
- favourite was once again the buttery croissant with the egg salad with green onion, rich and delicious
- cheesecake was the favourite here, creamy in taste, light in texture
- lemon tart was smooth with nice crumbly crust
- chocolate tart: dark chocolate ganache
- éclair was average, the pastry cream was rather mild
- nice and hot
- not too sweet with real strawberry jam
- rich and creamy Devonshire cream
I like it better than the Fairmont Vancouver afternoon tea. Although the food is quite similar, but the ambience here is definitely better. Also I loved our waiter, he was genuine and super friendly. I think afternoon tea at the Fairmont YVR is the perfect place to relax and fill your stomach at the same time. So if you have a late flight in the evening or just craving for afternoon tea, this is the perfect place for you.