The Baker & The Chef
I recently went to a media event for the grand reopening of what use to be called The General Store and Bakery on Cambie. The whole place has been revamped into a modern and cozy sandwich cafe.
This cafe is located in a good foot traffic area, so it's perfect for locals or people who want to grab and go.
- Fresh bread baked daily
- All food made on premises, so it's fresh
- I preferred the lemonade, a perfect balance between sour and sweet.
- Tried 3 style of their panini sandwiches: Whislter, Cypress, and Capilano
- Love the foccacia, very soft, airy and aromatic. Once pressed, it was nice and crunchy
- The meat was tender and moist. We loved all the sandwiches.
- Clam chowder was thick and creamy, perfect for a cold day
- Quinoa with parsley and fresh vegetable salad: very light dressing, but too much parsley in my own opinion.
- Bean salad which R liked, I am not a fan of beans
The Baker and The Chef is a local style urban cafe with a good variety of sandwiches. If you are in the area, definitely head down there and check out this new hip and urban cafe.